A Bridge for El Monte!
Alma D. Puente
Candidate, El Monte City Council
Raised in El Monte, Alma Puente is the daughter of an immigrant mother who faced many immigration struggles before becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen. Her parents taught her that if you love something you fight for it, and as the owner of a local law practice and an advocate for under-represented people, she has been doing just that for decades.
Now, as this pandemic continues to ravage cities across the nation, Alma is even more dedicated to make sure El Monte remains a beacon of hope, safety and prosperity. A tireless fighter for our families and businesses, Alma is ready to join the Council and work together to be a part of the solution.
A tireless fighter for our families and businesses, Alma Puente has the background, dedication to serving others, and fresh leadership we need on City Council!
- Law Office of Alma D. Puente, APLC – owner
- Immigration Resource Center of San Gabriel Valley – Board of Directors
- American Immigration Lawyers Association – Member
- Mexican-American Bar Association – Member
- LA County Bar Association – Member
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, LA County
- Kids in Need of Defense – pro bono work
- Mexican-American Bar Association – pro bono work
- Licensed to practice in: Supreme Court of California, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Certificates and Commendations for Outstanding Service to the Community from LA County Supervisor Hilda Solis and FMR Congressmen Jerry Lewis and David Dreir
- Department of Homeland Security – Founding member
“I look forward to working together as a team with El Monte’s residents, businesses and City leaders to help bridge the gap so our City – and our people – can thrive again!”
—Alma D. Puente, Candidate, El Monte City Council
Alma Puente’s Priorities for a Strong El Monte
Maintaining excellent Police and Fire services
Protecting vital City resources and preserving safe, beautiful public spaces
Maintaining a strong local economy
Enhancing resources for victims of fraudulent lawyers
Supporting families with school-aged children, especially low income families and kids with learning disabilities
Working to provide necessary financial support for struggling families
Increasing dignified, affordable housing options for veterans, seniors, low income and displaced persons
Promoting transparency and responsible fiscal policies
Vote for Alma D. Puente
November 3, 2020